LGAR was established in 1890. First located in Swissvale, our current location in Turtle Creek was constructed in 1996.
We are within a few miles of four regional hospitals and minutes off of the Pennsylvania Turnpike and Routes 376 and 22. These accesses are convenient for visitors and our attending and consulting physicians. And we have no parking fees!
Our facility features spacious bedrooms, lounges and dining rooms. The building is secured electronically indoors and has an outdoor fencing system. Our 120 beds are situated in clusters of three rooms creating private and quiet places for those residing with us.
For those who like being outside, our covered patios and gazebo are enjoyable for relaxation, family visits and our outdoor therapeutic programs. Our flower and vegetable gardens are taken care of together by those who live and work at LGAR and offer seating areas for those who enjoy the sunshine.